(Released September 8, 2013)
The fourth podcast episode explores how the very survival mechanisms that we cling to, the ones that we feel are keeping us alive are actually doing the exact opposite.
In this episode:
- What are defense mechanisms and what role do they play in our lives?
- How our rationalizations and defense mechanisms work together
- Why we rationalize our our own behavior
- The role of emotional intensity and how it affects our perception
- The appropriateness of our defensive reactions
- intellectual vs. emotional understanding
- It’s complicated as a defensive reaction
- How do we make our emotions work for us?
- And much, much more….
In spite of what we believe, our defenses often harm us by preventing us from moving forward rather than from being harmed. Our rationalizations cause us to convince ourselves that our own falsehoods and self-delusions are true, while the pop culture phrase of “It’s complicated” serves to give us the across-the-board excuse that the issues we struggle with are outside of our own control. Jim1537 and his wife, Meremystic, tackle these issues head on by sorting through the many layers we all need to work through in order to transform our lives for the better. Ultimately, this episode provides us with the tools we need to navigate our journeys on earth from the core of our spiritual being in order to achieve our divine purpose on earth.
You can listen here:
If you enjoy the podcast, please subscribe to the channel on iTunes and leave a rating! 🙂
Have something to add? Please leave us a comment!